Roast Pea and Tarragon Soup
- 250g fresh peas, shelled (or frozen green peas)
- 2 tablespoon olive oil, divided in two
- 1 leek, white and light green parts, halved and thinly sliced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons fresh tarragon leaves, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh thyme leaves
- 1 T apple cider vinegar
- 3 C chicken stock
- Salt and pepper
- Preheat the oven to 400° F.
- If using fresh peas, add to a pot of salted boiling water and cook for about 3 to 5 minutes until tender, and then drain.
- Toss peas with 1 tablespoons olive oil, season with salt and pepper, and spread in a single layer over a large baking sheet. Roast for about 15 minutes, until lightly browned.
- Heat the remaining 1 tablespoons olive oil in a large pot over medium heat.
- Once hot, add the leeks and cook, stirring occasionally, until softened, about 6 minutes.
- Add the garlic, tarragon, and thyme; season with salt and pepper; and cook 2 minutes more.
- Pour in the vinegar.
- Stir in the stock and bring to a boil. Lower the heat to a simmer, stir in the peas, and cook for about 2 minutes.
- Use a blender or food processor to purée the soup.
- Season to taste with additional salt and pepper, if necessary.